Prevalence and risk factors
- Craig A, Tran Y, Middleton J. Psychological morbidity and spinal cord injury: a review. Spinal Cord 2009; 47: 108-114.
- Krause JS. Self-reported problems after spinal cord injury: Implications for rehabilitation practice. Topics pinal Cord inj Rehabil 2007‘; 12: 35-44.
- Post MWM, van Leeuwen CMC. Psychosocial issues in spinal cord injury: a review. Spinal Cord 2012; 50: 382-9.
- van Leeuwen CM, Kraaijeveld S, Lindeman E, Post MW. Associations between psychological factors and quality of life ratings in persons with spinal cord injury: a systematic review. Spinal Cord. 2012 Mar;50(3):174-87.
- Peter C, Müller R, Cieza A, Geyh S. Psychological resources in spinal cord injury: a systematic literature review. Spinal Cord. 2012 Mar;50(3):188-201.
- Müller R, Peter C, Cieza A, Geyh S. The role of social support and social skills in people with spinal cord injury--a systematic review of the literature. Spinal Cord. 2012 Feb;50(2):94-106.
Screening and diagnosis
- Kalpakjian CZ, Bombardier CH, Shomer K, Brown PA, Johnson KL. Measuring depression in persons with spinal cord injury: a systematic review. J Spinal Cord Med 2009; 32: 6-24.
- Sakakibara BM, Miller WC, Orenczuk SG, Wolfe DL, the SCIRE team. A systematic review of depression and anxiety measures used with individuals with spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2009; 47: 841-51.